Jul 13, 2010

fanfic- Our love story

“Let this be our last…” I can’t believe what I just heard.
“But...but wh...why? Please, I...I don’t understand…is it me? if so, I promise I can change”
I don’t even realize since when my face started get wet with my tears.
“I’m tired with all this ‘I’m-Miss-Perfect’ you keep on showing me...and I have someone else”. I stared blankly at his face. Is this a trick? No...this is just a nightmare. When I wake up, everything will be fine. Right?
“Stop calling me anymore. Just forget me”. He left.
“Seung Hyun…” If it just a dream, then why these tears feel real. Why does my heart feel so in pain?

I don’t know how I got home. But, it was a very long and painful night. I kept on recalling that moment. No matter where I looked, I kept on seeing his face. Why? The same question kept on repeating, over and over again. I tossed and turned on my bed, trying to shake the memory, but it kept on coming back. Somehow, I can’t cry anymore after he left me at the café. My mind went blank. Empty. It’s like a part of me has been ripped off.

************************************************************************

Choi Seung Hyun. We have been together since high school. I was a year older then him and just transferred to Hwarang High. I can’t speak any Korean and so I felt so lonely. During the recess, I wandered alone around the school. That’s when I found a nice, quite place at the rooftop of my class building. On the rooftop, looking at the sky, I felt free and calm. I don’t have to think what others think about me.
“Jhogiyo...nuguseyo?”
I was startled when suddenly I heard a voice asking me something I don’t understand.
I jumped on my feet, which somehow failed to support my sudden movement. I tripped and twisted my ankle.
“Ah...” I tried my best held back my tears but my eyes just can’t hold it anymore.
“Gwaenchana?” the voice turn out to be a male student, who rushed to me. He held my ankle, trying to see which part hurt. I just can’t respond as the pain starting to overcome me. I tried to stand but my legs gave up and I fell back.

What happened next was so sudden that I don’t even get to collect my rational. He just lifted me on his back and ran down the stairs towards the Nurse Room. I can felt others staring at us, and my face became red and hot.

“I twisted my ankle,” I told the nurse, at the same time tried my best not to look at the boy. He kept on staring at me as the nurse treated my ankle.
“You...rest...no walk...ok?” Nurse Park smiled at me and turned facing the boy and saying something in Korean before she left to continue her work. I was left alone with him.
“Nurse Park asked me be with you. She calls your parents to take you home. Your feet hurt badly. By the way, I’m Seung Hyun. Choi Seung Hyun. You?”
He held out his hand. I took his hand “Eunhye. Kim Eunhye. You can speak English…”.
“Still ok. Not good. You the new student. Which class? I’m 2-3”
“3-3. I’m a year older than you” He sat next to me, still holding my hand.
“Nice to meet you, Eunhye nuna. We will meet each other a lot”.
He smiled and my heart like stopped beat for a second. We exchange smile, not realize that our hands still held to each other.

Since our first encountered, we became close. We spend time together on the rooftop. I taught him English and he taught me Korean. And without notice, it’s nearly 6 months since we first met. My Korean getting better and I can communicate with my classmates thank to Seung Hyun. And when people asked about our relationship, I kept on saying he just a dongsaeng. Boys in my class started asking me out. I didn’t realize how Seung Hyun hated it. He started to avoid meeting me, and he stop coming to the rooftop. I tried to call him, but he won’t answer. I gotten frustrated and tried to ignore the feeling by agreeing one of the invitations. The news reached him, and he came to my class.

“Nuna, can you meet me at the usual place after school? I have something to tell you”. I wondered what he wanted to say that I forgot I was mad at him. I agree to meet him and cancelled my plan with my classmate. As the time came, he showed up on the rooftop.

“What happened? Why do you avoiding me all this week?’ I tried to get his answer but he kept on standing silently in front of me, just looking at me.
“What’s wrong? Why do you look at me like that?” He shook his head.
“Nuna, I can’t continue to go on like this. It has to be stop?” I stared back at him, confused with his words.
“I don’t want to call you nuna anymore. Cause I love you”. He said that while looking straight into my eyes. I was taken back by his bold words that I lost what I wanted to say. He walked slowly towards me, and took my hand.
“I can’t promise you the world, but I can promise you this. I will use my all to protect you”. He held me so close in his arm that I felt so safe. I looked up, into his deep eyes.
“Yeongwonhi?” he gave me his sweetest smile. “Yeongwonhi”. His face getting closer to mine and slowly, our lips met.
************************************************************************
Everything changed now. It’s nearly three months now and I have to accept the fact that his love no longer belong to me. But just to breath feel so hard. Like a huge rock falls on me and crush everything in my life. I live my each day, wander aimlessly. I neglected my job but I was lucky to have a very supportive employer. I took payless leave and try to find new meaning in life but still he kept on lingering in my mind. I became like a living corpse.

I went out that morning as usual, with no planning what so ever. I walked down the path as usual. I fake my smile, greeting the old lady living next to me. What I don’t know is that something going to happen that day that change my life, drastically.

The traffic was heavy as usual, but that day my mind seem more hazy then usual. Maybe because I thought I saw Seung Hyun the night before. I tried to catch up with him but I lost him in the crowd. And I can’t sleep the whole night. I head suddenly became heavier and I can feel my body falling towards the traffic. And I can felt someone held me and pull me backward.
“Seung Hyun?” that was the only thing come out of my mouth, and everything turn pitch black.

To be continue...

No comments: